Microsoft has announced pricing for Windows 7, which will be available on October 22.
According to The Windows Blog, estimated pricing will be as follows:
The estimated retail prices for upgrade packaged retail product of Windows 7 in the U.S. are:
- Windows 7 Home Premium (Upgrade): $119.99
- Windows 7 Professional (Upgrade): $199.99
- Windows 7 Ultimate (Upgrade): $219.99
And the estimated retail prices for full packaged retail product of Windows 7 in the U.S. are:
- Windows 7 Home Premium (Full): $199.99
- Windows 7 Professional (Full): $299.99
- Windows 7 Ultimate (Full): $319.99
Microsoft lists the following additional features for Professional edition, as compared to Home premium edition:
- Run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode.
- Connect to company networks easily and more securely with Domain Join.
- Recover your data easily with automatic backup to your home and business network.